WHAT IS A SELF DIRECTED IRA?
Simply put, a self directed IRA is an individual retirement account that gives the IRA owner greater control over their investment decisions. In a self directed IRA, the IRA owner makes the investment decisions and instructs the IRA custodian. A self directed IRA account gives you more control over what assets you hold. With a self directed IRA account you can go beyond the usual mix of assets such and stocks, mutual funds and/or bonds. Experts recommend people hold 5%-20% of their assets in tangible gold, and anyone can move a portion of an existing IRA into a gold, silver or precious metals IRA account with Capital Gold Exchange.
To most investors, owning precious metals inside of an IRA signifies owning shares of an ETF or mutual fund that holds a pool of metals, such as gold or silver. With a Precious Metals IRA, an individual can actually buy and hold physical precious metals inside of his or her IRA.
WHY HAVE A GOLD IRA?
Financial professionals all agree that asset diversification is the key to success when it comes to investing – and precious metals is one way to reduce risk in times of an uncertain economy.
Diversifying into a physical gold or precious metals backed IRA can reduce risk of investing solely in paper assets and can hedge your portfolio against inflation. IRA accounts are typically reliant upon a select stocks, bonds and mutual funds which are linked directly to the economies performance, when the economy goes down, the value of many IRA accounts begin to deteriorate as well. In troubled times gold has proven to hold value where often paper assets fail to do just that. The prospect of owning tangible metals inside of a self directed IRA is exciting to many savers, especially since the investment options include gold, silver, platinum and palladium. At this point, gold and silver are by far the most popular choices for Precious Metals IRAs. An IRA can purchase coins, such as American Eagles or Canadian Maple Leafs, or physical bullion in the shape of bars and rounds. Any metals, such as gold or silver, owned inside of a Precious Metals IRA must meet certain fineness requirements and must be produced by an approved and accredited refiner.It is vital when considering a gold-backed IRA, that you work with a firm that will not guide you in the wrong direction or recommend products that may not be qualified for a self direct IRA. At CGX this is our specialty, we will provide access to all the qualified products you may consider. While owning tangible metals inside of a Precious Metals IRA is a fascinating idea, investors must be mindful of the many rules and procedures involved. We are here to help, call an expert at Capital Gold Exchange today. Let us walk you through the process step by step and help you secure your retirement with a self directed IRA account.
WHAT IS THE IRA PROCESS?
- Contact CGX and request our free IRA gold kit
- A CGX account representative will explain the process and answer all of your questions.
- Should you decide a precious metals IRA is the right choice for you, the next step would be filling out the required forms from Self Direct IRA Services. Our IRA specialists are here to help you with this process.
- After you have signed the required forms a CGX representative will create an account for you and discuss all of your options regarding the list of qualified products.
- At the time your funds have hit your new self direct individual retirement account with SDIRA a CGX representative will assist you in how to select the the qualified products of your choice.
- Once you have made your purchase, your CGX representative will orchestrate the delivery of your physical precious metals into the depository where your gold and silver are fully insured and are stored separately for your security and privacy. Clients have the option to choose the precious metals storage services offered by one of the storage facilities shown below for the secure safekeeping and storage of their IRA-owned precious metals:– Delaware Depository Service Company (“Delaware Depository”) located in Wilmington, Delaware
— Brink’s Global Services (“Brink’s”) storage facility located in Salt Lake City, UT
- You will receive regular statements regarding your account and you may take possession of the physical precious metals from your IRA as a distribution at any time, IRA tax rules apply to all distributions taken in paper or tangible assets.